ASDWA is pleased to launch CapCertConnections — a news blog for state drinking water program operator certification and capacity development coordinators. Our goal is to share timely, informative articles designed to help make your efforts easier to accomplish; give you insights into what your peers are working on; and keep you up to date with meetings, workshops, and other plan-ahead events. We hope that this blog will encourage greater collaboration between the Capacity Development and Operator Certification programs and enhance the ability of both programs to support drinking water systems across the United States.
The Association of State Drinking Water Administrators (ASDWA) is the professional Association serving state drinking water programs. Formed in 1984 to address a growing need for state administrators to have national representation, ASDWA has become a respected voice for state primacy agents with Congress, the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and other professional organizations. ASDWA’s purpose is to:
- Support states in their efforts to protect public health through the provision of safe drinking water;
- Collect and make accessible to all state program administrators information and data to assist them in fulfilling their duties;
- Encourage the interchange of experience and information among state drinking water programs;
- Promote responsible, reasonable, and feasible drinking water program requirements at the state and Federal levels; and
- Provide advice, counsel, and expertise to organizations and entities having an interest in drinking water, including Congress and EPA.