NEW EFC Webinar – Find Money in the Water System Budget: Energy Management Teams, Baselines and Data Collection
February 25, 2015
As part of their latest competitive award, the Environmental Finance Center Network (EFCN) in collaboration with their training partner, AWWA, is hosting a webinar series. The latest in that series is scheduled for next week – March 3rd – and will focus on the benefits and value of conducting an energy audit.
DATE: March 3, 2015
TIME: 2:00-3:00PM (eastern)
REGISTER: Click here REGISTER
For many water systems, the electric (or energy) bill is one of the largest expenses regularly incurred by the water utility. It is also one of the most controllable expenses a water utility will have. However, water utility managers oftentimes never see the bill. Understanding your utility’s energy expenses is one of the first steps to controlling and likely reducing your energy expenses.
During this webinar, we will:
- walk through the first four steps of implementing an energy management plan;
- discuss the process of completing an energy audit; and
- hear from a water system that has placed energy management and conservation as the paramount operational goal of the District, and realized over 300,000 dollars per year in savings as a result.
Continuing education credits? AWWA will request pre-approval from state licensing agencies for this webinar. You should check with your agency to determine if CEUs will be offered in your state and what you may need to do to receive credit for your participation, It is your responsibility to verify this information with your licensing agency.
If you require a continuing education certificate:
– You MUST register individually
– Group rosters will not be accepted.